Friday, March 13, 2015

office re-do

Since we moved into our house last July, I have been slowly getting my house decorated. Truthfully, the dining room & Mila's room are the only ones that I have really finished but hey, I got time ;)

Anyway! I was starting to think about redoing my office when I was contacted by Chairish! They asked me to pull together a inspiration board using one of their rugs and I was very excited to participate! The minute I saw this one particular rug I KNEW what I was going to do!

I decided to search around their site -- which was such a bad idea because the site is amazing! You see, they act as an online vintage and gently used consignment vendor. You list your items and they take care of money and shipping. The items on this site are AMAZING. I have already spent over 5 hours searching the site and becoming super inspired.

Without further ado! Here is the rug that inspired me to start re-doing my office! Isn't it gorgeous?
link


I first started off looking for an accent chair and desk chair and they rest just fell into place. I really wanted (what I would call) modern-masculine vintage. This was my first time really pulling together a specific board. I loved working this way and I want to do more and to challenge my decorating skills. Maybe do a room around a certain painting or other art piece? Maybe inspiration from a favorite movie? So many fun ideas and I can't wait to start pulling my office together (just gotta get the Main Squeeze on board! ;)

(I'd also like to add that the "for clients" heading is because I am a photographer and sometimes have clients come to the house!)





1.  Vintage lamp for desk (source)
2. This gorgeous desk (source)
3. Executive chair (source)
4. Hurricane lamp (source)
5. Accent chair for clients (source)
6. Side table (source)
7. Bookcase (source)
8. Sunburst Chandelier (source)
9. Terrarium (source)
10 Vintage camera wall (found via Pinterest)
11. Tin Clock (source)
12. "Be Our Guest" tray (source)
13. Giraffe bookends (source)
14. Hanging frames (source)
15. Curtains (source)
16. Coffee Bags --- I would frame these and put them above the desk (source) 
17. Fleur crate (source)




No comments:

Post a Comment