Sunday, January 18, 2015

how I curb my dairy & caffeine cravings

So, I am pumping and have a daughter with a GI issue.

Therefor, I don't drink/eat dairy products.

I also have a daughter who is super sensitive to caffeine.

So, I don't drink it.

It's a hard life.

I won't lie, I don't really have caffeine cravings but when I did quit I had major withdrawals. I really did hate giving up milk & yogurt though. 

I have had to become creative since there is only so much water and soy milk I can drink! Here are some of my favorite dairy-free and caffeine free drinks that I love! 


(NOTE: Some have recipes, others don't... for obvious reasons. Also, almond milk can be used instead of soy - I just like soy better! ;)




Italian Cream Soda

1/2 cup Club Soda
3 TBSP Torani Syrup (I use vanilla!)
1TBSP Soy Milk 
Ice

Mix together and enjoy!


Hot Chocolate

Godiva Dark Hot Chocolate
Soy milk

I use our amazing milk frother to make this extra yummy! You can heat the milk in the microwave too and it's also amazing!


Decaf Carmel Macchiato

1 shot decaf espresso
soy milk
Caramel syrup

Steam/froth your milk, pour espresso on top, and drizzle caramel on top!


Hot Apple Cider


Ginger Ale

Bored? Add some cranberry juice or fresh blueberries!


Protein Shake


Sometimes I just want a milk shake-esk drink and this is my go too. Again, I use soy milk because I love it, but almond works well too! I like chocolate or vanilla ;)


Sweet Tea (decaf of course!)

Check out my Southern Style Tea Recipe here!


Smoothies

I love smoothies! My favorite involves strawberries, blackberries, mango, and blueberries! Trader Joe's has a great frozen fruit selection. Another favorite is banana, chocolate protein powder, and peanut butter! 


Rainbow Spritzer


1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup kiwi (chopped peeled)
1/2 cup fresh pineapple (chopped)
1/2 cup strawberries (sliced fresh, or fresh raspberries)
1 cup ginger ale (chilled)
1/2 cup pineapple juice (chilled unsweetened)

1/2 cup lemonade (chilled)


In four tall glasses, layer blueberries, kiwi, pineapple and strawberries. In a 2-cup glass measure, mix remaining ingredients; pour over fruit. Serve immediately! Perfect for summertime!



Last but not least - 

WINE! 

I love me a good glass of wine and adding fresh fruit to it just makes it even more amazing! 



Have more suggestions? Let me know!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment