Monday, January 19, 2015

baby it's cold outside!

Since moving into our new home I have spent countless hours scrolling through Pinterest for decorating ideas. Now that it's cold out (and Mila hate the cold as much as mommy!) we stay inside more... which means I spend a lot of time snuggled up on the couch.

Backtracking a little, when I say hate the cold I mean HATE! I am a South Carolina native and anything below 50 degrees it is freezing to me. The Main Squeeze gives me such a hard time about being cold natured. I never go to the movies with out a jacket and socks, I wear slippers/socks 24/7 at home, live in fleece PJs, have at least three blankets in every room, and sleep with a nice big down comforter.

So today I thought I would share some of my favorite winter cozys with you guys so that you too can be nice and warm throughout the winter!


Slippers

I buy myself a new pair of slippers every year because I live in them when I am at home. I currently am wearing my black Aerosole slippers and love them. They have hard bottoms which allow me to go outside (if I absolutely have too ;) and they are very warm. Plus they don't cost you an arm and a leg! Gotta love a deal!



A Down Alternative Duvet

In addition to the fleece blanket, I have to sleep with a nice warm Down Alternative. Parachute Home Bedding has an amazing hypoallergenic one that is amazing. While you are at their site, check out The Venice.  With every purchase of The Venice set, Parachute will donate a malaria net to Nothing But Nets!



Hot Chocolate 

I am still breastfeeding my daughter so I have had to cut out all caffeine. It's been a rough few months but I have been able to supplement my coffee need with hot chocolate. The Main Squeeze bought a Nespresso maker last August and it came with a milk frother. My life has been changed! It makes the most yummy hot chocolate and makes the cold days a little easier.



Fleece... everything!

I am rocking some leopard print fleece sweatpants and a wine colored hoodie. I love fleece and I truly think it loves me back ;) Andddd I may or may not have bought this hoodie in several colors from Old Navy



Scentsy Warmer

I usually have a warmer going most days but on super cold, rainy days I love to break out Scenty's Frosted Ginger Cookie or Cedar Cider. I don't know why, but when my house smells like a bakery it feels 10x warmers!


My babies

Nothing beats the cold like snuggles with my babies!





No comments:

Post a Comment