Monday, November 25, 2013
I totally dropped the ball on my "What am I Thankful For" each day thing this year so I thought I would just go make a list (yay lists! love lists!)
Even though I have WAY more than 30 things I am thankful for, I thought I would share:
1. My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I am nothing, have nothing, and can do nothing without His love and strength.
2. My husband. I love that man so dang much - it makes my heart hurt! I am so proud and so blessed of that man and I thank the Lord for him. Plus, he's kinda hot ;)
3. My nanny. She is my angel. She is my quiet voice of reassurance and support. She taught me about giving and being humble.
4. My mom. She adds sparkle to my life. She taught me to live life and buy the shoes. I wouldn't be the woman I am today without her.
5. My big sister. I don't know where I would be without her. We weren't always the best of friends growing up but she has become my go-to person for just about anything. She is my fashion inspiration (and police ;), voice of reason, and very best friend.
4. My step-dad. As much as I miss my dad, I thank God for putting Doug into my life. He makes my life brighter.
5. My brother-in-law. I always wanted a big brother and I am so thankful to finally have one! I love sharing random websites with him and our little "arguments."
6. My grandpa. I wish he was in better help but I am thankful for the 24 years I have gotten with him.
7. My mother-in-law. She loves me as her own and I absolutely adore her.
8. My bestie from the mid-westie. Meeting Lamphone was a stroke of fate and I an beyond thankful for the friendship she gives me.
9. My Lucy. I have never met someone that loves cheese as much as I do, can make me laugh till I cry, and loves my dogs like they are kids. This Ethel would be one sorry story without her Lucy.
10. My pups - Rocky and Maddux. They bring so much joy to our life and they make my heart burst with happiness.
11. My sisters-in-law. I am thankful for Melissa and Monique. I treasure our friendship more than they will ever know.
12. My father-in-law. Again, it's not always been easy, but I am so grateful that I can call Phil my friend. He makes the best cakes ;)
13. My siblings-in-laws. Now that Dalton and Morgan are older, we get along much better. They are such awesome young adults and it has been a pleasure (sometimes a little scary ;) to see them grow up!
14. My grandparent-in-laws. How lucky can one girl be to get more awesome grandparents? Yay for marriage! ;) hehe
15. My Growth Group girls. We all have such different personalities, but it works. The Lord knows what He is doing ;)
16. My Sunday School class and Church. It was super stressful for me when we were looking for a church but I have never felt more at home than when I am at North Trenholm.
17. Ken & Missey - our fearless SS leaders. They are an amazing example of a Christian couple and are awesome parents. I hope I can be cool like them one day ;)
18. My friends. New and old.
19. Sylvester Stallone. Yes. You read that correctly. He may not be the worlds greatest actor but I love him and he makes me happy ;)
20. My iPhone. I hate to admit it but I am stupidly thankful for a piece of technology but it is what it is.
21. Our health. I have my issues but overall I'm pretty good. I'm thankful that the Main Squeeze has overcome all obstacles and is succeeding.
22. My hair. Yes, I will admit that I am thankful for my curls. It literally takes me 5 minutes to do my hair. Holla!
23. My travels. I have gotten to see some amazing things and I am thankful that the Main Squeeze wants to travel the world with me.
24. Fleece PJs. Even though I live in South Carolina and it doesn't get ridiculously cold, the Main Squeeze likes to keep the AC down. I love fuzzy PJs and slippers.
25. Cooking. I basically taught myself to cook in 2010 and I am thankful that I enjoy cooking now! And I am thankful that the Main Squeeze put up with some nasty dishes while I was learning.
26. Chapstick. Again, I am stupidly thankful for this! I constantly apply it and hoard tubs all over the house, car, and purse.
27. My job. I get to do what I love and I am thankful that the Main Squeeze supports me.
28. My clients. I love them all!
29. Cookie dough and sprinkles. Don't judge me!
30. My life. I have been so unbelievably blessed and I am thankful for it all.