Friday, September 6, 2013

why i write

This morning I woke up and started to think about writing.

More specifically, why I love to write…

I am very talkative so you would think I would run out of things to say, but that will never happen! ;)

I was given a journal by a family friend when my dad passed and it’s sort of been my coping mechanism since.

Bad day? Write
Good day? Write
Something funny? Something sad? Something dreamy? WRITE.

I don’t write for attention or for praise. I don’t write for anyone other than myself. There is something so cathartic about putting pen to paper (or in this case, fingers to keys ;) and letting everything pour out.

Yes, I am very talkative, but not a lot of people have seen me in the raw. Ya know – emotional, scared, vulnerable... I find a way to hide that side of me behind a velvet curtain (couldn’t resist the Wizard of Oz reference ;) and find it hard to truly let people see that side of me. For a long time I thought tears meant weakness and I could never let people think I was weak.

I also struggle to tell people how much I love/appreciate/care for them, and I find it easier to express when I write. Whether is be on my blog, their Facebook wall, or a birthday card, writing my emotions makes much more sense and is much easier to do. 

So I write.


I am in my purest form when I write. I may not be the best or most eloquent writer but I write.

(and since I love pretty things, especially quotes, enjoy these :)




1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete