Wednesday, September 4, 2013

suddenly

Another emotional blog coming your way.

I found out yesterday morning that my childhood best friend's mother was killed in a motorcycle accident.


Some idiot got behind the wheel drunk and killed two people.


I was in shock. My friend (to maintain some privacy for those who aren't my FB friends - I will call L) and I were best friends for 15 years. I'm 23 --- so that is a long time. We weren't just friends, we were sisters. Her family was my family.


When I would go out with them, they always treated me as another daughter, not a friend (if L got $5 to spend at Wal-Mart, her dad gave me $5. They took me out to dinner and celebrated special events with us)


I was always welcome in their home.

The day I found out about my dad's death, she was the first friend to show up at my house. I remember going home with her and her father that night so my mom could have some time to herself. I remember walking into their house and being greeted with hugs from her sister and her mother. She was there for me unlike anyone after my dad died.


She came to my wedding and I didn't have time to speak to her before she needed to leave but just seeing her made my heart so happy. 


L and I grew up and grew apart but she will forever be family to me. I wouldn't be who I am today if it wasn't for her and her family.


My heart breaks for her and her sister.


I know what it's like to loose a parent suddenly and it sucks. It beyond sucks, but I could never put into words the pain you feel. 


It makes  you realize how short life is and how little control we have. With my step-dad being in the hospital and the sudden loss of such a wonderful woman, I have taken the time to make sure I say "I love you" more.


L - I love you. I know we took different paths in the last 8 years but I will always love you and will always be so grateful for the love, support, and friendship you gave me. I can't remember a time in my childhood when you aren't there. From the fort in the park, to crashing the dirt bike into a tree. From late night giggle fits and late night fights. To boys, fashion, tragedy, and summer nights - we spent our childhood together. I love you so much and you are in my prayers. 






"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us."
Romans 8:18  


“I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”  
John 16:33

"For God is not the author of confusion but of peace..."
1 Cor. 14:33


1 comment: