Thursday, August 15, 2013

rock that lip color ;)

When I was little, lip stick meant being grown-up. My mom wore lip stick all of time and had a rather large collection.

In high school, there was the girl, who became my best friend, and who wore (and rocked!) bright red lip stick. I use to think, "wow. She is SO confident! I wish I could wear something that bold!" 

Lip stick has always had an interesting allure to me. But I feel like millennials don't appreciate, like, or wear lip stick.

I'm 23. I have dark brown eyes and hair. I have porcelain skin and yellow undertones. I am 23 and afraid of lip stick!

What shade? Gloss or stain? Shimmer or matte?! AHHHHH! 

I think adding a little color is nice and a great brightener. Obviously, you don't want to age yourself by going too dark or look to young with shiny glosses - but how do you find the middle ground without wanting to give up or spending too much! Well, I'm no expert but below I will share with you some of of my favorites. :)



Burt's Bees Rhubarb Lip Shimmer
I love Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm, so I decided to try the lip shimmer. I actually tried a few shades before I realized that the Rhubarb was the best fit for me. They aren't super expensive and they keep your lips nice and moisturized  It doesn't taste funny and isn't too "bold" for newbies.



POP Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon - Coral Crush 
I actually got one in my ipsy bag last month and loved it! They accidentally sent me two bags, so I gave one to my mother-in-law. About a week later, she texted me and told me she LOVED it! It doesn't have the best reviews, BUT I like it. It's light weight with a decent coverage. It moisturizes well. The color doesn't last very long but my lips get dry fast and I apply chap stick at least 4 times an hour so I'm ok with the crayon. 




Stila Lip Glaze - all of them!
They are light weight and not super sticky. I love the pop of color and they are reasonably priced too! You can get ones with some shimmer or ones that are more matte. I currently have Blackbherry in my purse and it's perfect for the upcoming fall. 




Again, not everyone likes the same thing or can find the right color for them. I just wanted to share with you some of my current obsessions!

What are yours?!





6 comments:

  1. What a girl to do without her bright red lipstick?? I haven't rocked that in a while, I might have to bust it out again!

    What I am in love with right now is called Pure Illumination. I got it while I was at the Atlanta Market last year and can't put it down. Besides being a good neutral tone with just a bit of shine... it has a light as part of the applicator with a mirror on the tube so you can see to touch up even at night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I will always think of you as the bold high schooler with that red lipstick! ;)

      Ohhhh! I'm looking it up!!!

      Delete
  2. HA, I'm probably the one millenial that wears lipstick on the reg. I wear it every day.

    My faves are:
    Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick in Heather Shimmer

    Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Peony

    Covergirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Lipgloss Balm in Mauve Twist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mauve sounds neat! I may have to check that out at our (potential) lunch date in September??!

      Delete
  3. I thought you would like to know that today I'm wearing the Burt's Bees that you gave me. Yes, 6mos later, I still have it. Apparently, I don't wear lip color enough. How funny that the day after I start wearing some again, you post this???

    I'm still obsessed with Avon Glazewear. I have 3 different colors that I can't remember the names of right now, lol.

    ReplyDelete