Monday, July 22, 2013

it's been a while

I haven't blogged in a while because I haven't felt inspired. I've been so tired and drained lately that inspiration is is short supply so my blogging as fallen to the way side. 

Like always, I've settled into a routine. There is very little imagination and spontaneity going on in my life but last night it changed.

It's been raining a LOT this summer here in South Carolina and most days I find myself complaining about it. Well, last night, while I was outside throwing the tennis ball for Maddux, the main squeeze came out with his glove and baseball. 

I wasn't thrilled. 

I'm not a super-girly-girl by any means but I was never taught to catch. My hand eye coordination is very embarrassing because in all fairness my dad taught me how to play basketball, not baseball!

Anyway, since the main squeeze's accident in 2009, he has been unable to play baseball, so to further my chances of winning "Wife of the Year", I started to throw the ball to him. (Which by the way, drove Maddux CRAZY - he did not understand why we were throwing two balls but he could only get one...)

About 5 minutes in, we heard thunder and knew a heavy rain wasn't too far behind. As the rain started to come down, we rushed inside. 

I looked at the main squeeze and said, "hey, want to play catch in the rain!?"

His response? "Are you serious?"

He knows me too well - I hate getting dirty and I suck at catch but wanted to do something exciting!! So we ditched the shoes and headed back out and played in the rain. 

We were soaked. We were covered in dirt. We were having fun! 

Our dogs were so confused. They hate getting wet and just stared at us through the door.



Anyway, why am I sharing this? Simple really, I have been feeling very blue lately and I had been praying for something, anything, to change. For happiness, inspiration, joy... 

I still don't feel quite like myself but last night was what I hope to be the change I prayed for. It was a cleansing both physically but mentally and emotionally as well. I also got to do something different and for the first time with the main squeeze  so it was a bonding experience as well.

The overly cliche and over used quote has never made more sense. 

 "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain." 

So here's to dancing in the rain!!


1 comment:

  1. I have a really hard time doing things OUT of my comfort zone, but your idea sounds awesome! Its been pouring every day at 5pm here in Tampa, so I feel ya.

    ReplyDelete