Tuesday, May 28, 2013

city of angels

The last two weeks have been a whirl-wind! The main squeeze and I went on an epic vacation to celebrate his graduation from the University of South Carolina and our five year wedding anniversary (major deal. Bet a lot of people didn’t think we’d make it ;)


Anyway, here is the breakdown:
2 days in L.A.
9 days in the North Island of New Zealand
2 days in Honolulu
2 days in L.A.


Obviously this is going to have to be several blog posts, so hold on to your hats! It was a wild ride!

L.A.
Vincent and I flew out at 5:30AM on Saturday, May 11. We landed in L.A. at 10AM, got the rental car, and headed to Venice Beach. We spent most of the morning and early afternoon there. It’s such a neat place and the weather was great.

We headed to the hotel, where Vincent crashed and I watched TV. We went to the Pig-n-Whistle for dinner AND I found Sylvester Stallone star on the Walk of Fame (MAJOR BIG DEAL!!! EKKK!! I love him...)

Low and behold, my two best friends from middle school were in L.A. so we planned to meet up for drinks. Alec, Daniel, and I hadn’t hung out in over 9 years (long story short, we all just took different paths in high school) so it was great to meet up. What are the odds that we would all be on the West Coast at the same time?!

The next day Vincent and I did the Warner Brothers Studio tour. Unfortunately, it was a Saturday so there was no filming but its ok. We got to see a bunch but our favorites were the set for The Big Bang Theory, props from movies like Batman, Harry Potter, and The Great Gatsby, and seeing the sound stages. Then we headed up to the Griffith Observatory. We started to turn around because parking was a nightmare (as in we were probably 2 miles from the top) but as we were trying to head back down, we went up to the main lot and found a spot up front. Whoop whoop!! We then spent the rest of the day walking around Hollywood!



2 comments:

  1. Love it! I love all the pictures. Y'all look like you had a FANTASTIC time! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you read all my stuff. You are the best BFF <3

      Delete