Friday, April 26, 2013

you and no other

So if you follow my blog, you may know these few things:


Anywho, you are probably wondering what those things have in common for a blog post...

I want to share with y'all an awesome little piece of jewelry I own.

In November or 2009, less than two months before Vincent got hurt, we went to Williamsburg, VA for vacation. We enjoyed going to Colonial Williamsburg, Ripley's Believe It or Not, and Yorktown. When we were at Colonial Williamsburg, I found this stunning little silver necklace. The wonderful lady as the store explained to me that it was a poesy.


"In 16th and 17th century France, wedding rings were commonly inscribed with sentiments of love, faith and hope, or short love poems known as poesy. Sterling silver betrothal rings would often be replaced by the same design and inscription in gold upon marriage. The popularity of these poesy rings is attested to by their frequent mention in Shakespeare's plays. However, the tradition was at the height of its popularity during the Renaissance period."

So, obviously I wanted one. Even though it was pricey for us at the time, Vincent bought it for me. Yay! This is the one I got:




Little did I know, that only 6 weeks later would be inscription on that simple little necklace would be, for lack of a better word, tested. After Vincent's accident, a lot of things changed but my dedication and love for him did not. 

Oh sweet little necklace, you were meant to be mine. :)

You and no other. 







No comments:

Post a Comment