Tuesday, February 12, 2013

recipe tuesday!

This past weekend, the main squeeze and I went to the Biltmore House in Asheville, NC. I have been multiple times but I still am in complete awe everytime I see that beautiful, grand house.

Anyway, I got a Cranberry Oatmeal cookie from the bakery and have been craving them ever since. I looked up a low-calorie option and tested it out last night! It was super yummy and I would totally make them again!




Low-Fat Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies

What you will need:
1 1/4 cups quick or old-fashioned rolled oats
3/4 cup whole wheat flour (regular flour works too)
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
5 tbsp butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp finely grated orange peel (optional)
3/4 cup dried cranberries


Directions:
·  Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper (or grease a pan VERY well – these yummy things will stick!)
·  Place oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a bowl; stir with a whisk.
·  In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
·  Beat in egg whites, vanilla extract and orange peel. Gradually add flour and oats mixture, stir with a wooden spoon until blended.
· Fold in cranberries.
· Drop dough by rounded tablespoons on to cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
· Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden.  – 10 minutes was perfect for a chewy cookie, 12 minutes was pretty crunchy.
· Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.


the most yummy



Let me know if you try it and what you think! I am thinking of trying some Vegan recipes so keep an eye out!!





And for those of you interested: This is based on me entering the amounts and whatnot. Can't promise is 100% correct!



No comments:

Post a Comment