Friday, February 1, 2013

easy DIY dog treats!



I found this recipe via Pinterest and I thought, "yea, easy... but will my dogs actually like them!?"

Since the whole process was so easy, I tested it out.

What you need:
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1 - 4oz jar of pureed baby food (I got three types, but used the Chicken and Sweet Potato fir the test.)

Be sure to make sure the food is not on the ASPCA's list of potentially toxic foods!!!


How to:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine the ingredients to make dough. Add more flour or water if necessary.
3. Use a cookie cutter to cut out the treats
4. Cook for 20 – 25 minutes
5. Let cool completely before you give them to your pet


So here are the pictures:

Waiting so patently


What was the verdict?

Maddux and Rocky loved them! I will totally be making them again for them!


Don't forget to follow me!
And please "like" me ;)

9 comments:

  1. Precious!! I think I might start making these for Hewitt. His stomach is so sensitive so this might be what we need to do from now on. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really liked them! Plus it's pretty healthy and I know all the ingredients! :)

      Delete
    2. Try rice flour if your dog has a sensitive stomach or some other non grain. Read that pumpkin is also good for a dogs tummy. Had to laugh at your dogs name, that is our last name. Good name, of course! :) Good luck with your dog!

      Delete
  2. How many did the recipe make?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cookie cutter was kinda small. I would say about 2 dozen :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks this is Awesome. I used rice flour & sweet potatoes. Since my guys are small I cut into strips 3/4" x 2"pinched the middle pushed the center of both ends and pat. Presto baby bones. :-) they loved these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what brand of dog food do you recommend to use for this recipe :) it is always hard finding a dog treat that my dog actually will enjoy and i think she will love these

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used baby food from Whole Foods, it's called Earth's best. They loved the chicken and sweet potato and I have used blueberry as well.

      :)

      Delete
  5. Could you use regular white flour instead of wheat or rice flour?

    ReplyDelete