Wednesday, January 9, 2013

student loan nightmare

Today, I can across this article in Cosmo, “The Debt Crisis No One is Talking About.”

Basically it was about student loan debt. These girls are $25,000, $50,000, and even $95,000 in the hole when it comes to student loans. Not to mention, statistically women have more loan debt and make less than their male counterparts (disgusting.)
What. A. Nightmare.
If you know me, I am a moderate feminist. I think woman are just as capable as men and I don’t think we live in a 1950s gender-type society. I do have ONE major traditional role belief – the man should work, the woman should stay home. Okay, now before anyone jumps on me for saying that hear me out.
I think the main squeeze should work, be the breadwinner, the macho-money-maker. I don’t HAVE to stay at home, but I think I have the right to if I want too. When I said I do, the main squeeze knew that mean, “I do, you work.” Luckily, the main squeeze agreed. My mother was a full-time working mom and it worked for her. My sister and I turned out pretty decent so there is clearly nothing wrong with a working mom and I will keep doing my photography, because let’s face it – I will need it to keep from going insane.
Anywho, going back to the student loan debt (again, what. a. freaking. nightmare) – I feel so bad for all these people. Accumulating so much debt, it will take them YEARS to pay off.  I didn’t go to college - mostly because I couldn’t find something worth all that time and money. If you know me, you know I’m A.D.D. and don’t want to be tied down to anything for too long. I just don’t see the point in spending $50,000+ for a degree especially since I’d like to stay at home with our kids one day.  I have no desire of adding insane-amount-of-student-loan-debt to my resume anytime soon. Plus, I don’t want to waste my time
Thankfully, the main squeeze is a disabled veteran and gets all the awesome benefits of the GI Bill. When he graduates in 2014 with his Masters in Accounting we will have $0 student loan debt.
Yup. Zero. Zilch. Nadda.
We are obviously so grateful for this, but I still sit there and think of how unfair it is for millions of college students. They aren’t like me. They want the degree. They have the career plan. They want to continue their education. They will be in debt for a very long time.
I don’t have any solutions or more opinions. I just feel sad for these college students and I feel blessed that the main squeeze and I don’t have to worry about this icky debt.
See, even Maddi is sad for all those in stinky debt :(



5 comments:

  1. The problem of student loan is associated with root of society . A lot of people pursue degrees for better salary . One should understand education is not the answer of unemployment , you can stay unemployed or have to work on low wages even after your degree. and you can get good job /good business even without degree ..................
    Blogging is a good way to make people aware about risk of student loan . I do appreciate your post ....Student loan should only be considered if your current job is able to pay your emi and you have assets to repay student loan (if you loose your existing job) ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my loved one! I wish to say that this post is amazing, great written and include approximately all important information. I would like to see extra posts like this .Pageonce Pro hands down the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog have excellent content to share. It contains great information about students loans, after reading it you will know more about students loans and this information can help you to get students loan easily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you’re just extremely fantastic. I really like what you’ve acquired here, really like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it sensible. I cant wait to read much more from you. This is actually a great site

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's common to hear people hating on debts and the need to pay them off. But think of it this way, that time when you needed money the most, you were handed what you need so it's only fair to pay off what you spent. And though some might think that it's an unbelievable roller coaster ride, know that there are ways you can do to help you with your loan and other financial situations.
    Sunset Payday

    ReplyDelete