Thursday, January 3, 2013

goodbye 2012

It’s seems to be a blogger tradition to post a year-end “review” but as I sat here thinking about it, not a whole lot has changed in the last year for me. Sure, there have been events, both happy and sad. There have been high points and low points. There have been mistakes and hard choices… but at the end of 2012, I am right where I started the year. Same job, same house, same silly dogs, same husband… same, same, same….
And I am NOT saying “same” in a bad or sad way…. just… same…
A sadness sort of washes over me when I think about the last year and I will not miss 2012… it was far from memorable.
I am glad I got to go visit my two best friends… but it just made me miss them more.
I am glad my photography business is picking up… but I started to feel burned out and uninspired.
I am glad Vincent got a job… but I don’t like that we have to live separate for 3 months.
I am glad my family is healthy and happy… but I worry about the comings years.
…. There are a lot of “buts.”

I’ve become sort of an introvert/homebody. I’ve struggled with making friends, really for the first time in my life. I’ve gained 10 pounds as a result of being a homebody. I’ve lost a lot of my confidence. I’ve been very sad.
I read 2 Corinthians 4:18 the other day – “So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but one what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”
I get that our life here on earth is temporary but it doesn’t make the day-to-day stuff any easier.
So in the bloggin’ world of reviews and resolutions, I just want 2013 to be memorable.

I want to be happy.
I want to be confident.
I want to soar on wings like eagles..


2 comments:

  1. ((hugs)) i don't know you at all, and i just read your blog today for the first time, but from one gal to another, i want you to be encouraged. there is so much to live for, so many things to experience, so much life to embrace. God has not made us to be content with mediocrity. He has bigger plans for us, for YOU! Time passes so quickly, and it's easy for us to just let it slip by. but it is TOO PRECIOUS! grab it. embrace it. find your Joy. maybe a good way to start is by finding somewhere you can give it away. there are lots of lonely people out there. maybe you can help. :) i just read this quote on pinterest the other day and, as annoying as it was, it inspired me: "Stop waiting for things to happen; Go out and make them happen." i'm determined to take that to heart myself this year. anyway, not sure what made me type all of this, lol, but i hope this year WILL be memorable for you--not for what it gives to you, but for what you make of it! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment :) I re-read the post and boy, I'm a Debbie-downer! I just had such a "blah" day. I hate that the first post you read by me was such a sad one and I hope you continue to read!

      Thank you for the words of encourangement :) They mean more than you know.

      Delete