Wednesday, July 4, 2012

salt dough


Saw this pin a while back. Cute huh!? Well I had some free time after work last week and thought I would give it a shot.

Vincent wasn’t home so I forced my pups to participate. It was overly dramatic, to say the least.

The salt dough recipe is:
2 cups flour
1 cup salt
1 cup cold water

Mix until has consistency of play dough. Bake at 250 for 2 hours.

Sounds easy enough. I halved the recipe though – because let’s be real, 1 cup of salt is a LOT.

Here is the step-by-step in photos!








yes.... I made them pose with their prints. Don't judge. 


You can paint them, I didn't because Vincent liked the way they looked au naturale. Needless to say it did not true out like the pinned image. I guess I should have expected that. Overall I’m pretty happy - I mean I love my dogs so anything related to them makes me one happy mama. :)

I think it would be a great way to document kids hand prints... so one day.


5 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing! I'd be glad to check it out! :)

      Delete
  2. Awww they turned out good. I wanted to do something like this for my husband for Father's Day but I didn't want to spend $15/per dog eat at Joann's. It kind of looks like a sugar cookie but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may have over cooked them! I did two that I painted and they turned out ok... I think if I would have painted them with a glossy finish paint it would have looked better! Vincent liked the way they looked but I totally agree with you on the sugar cookie look! haha.

      Delete
  3. I write and maintain a blog which I have entitled “Accordingtothebook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it. I’m your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete