Thursday, July 26, 2012

at home iced coffee


I am not a huge coffee drinker but I will admit I enjoy a cup every now and then. I prefer iced coffee over hot coffee any day. 

I am also not a morning person, neither is Vincent. Even though we have a Keurig, I feel too lazy to make a cup in the morning (we have the refillable cup to save money and have an older model so we have to add the water...so it's not as simple as pop a cup and press go)

I wanted to come up with a iced coffee recipe that tasted good. It took some trial and error but I finally got it the way Vincent and I want it. 

It is ah-mazing. We will literally fight over who gets the last drop.

So - because I'm so nice - I will give you the recipe ;)



Iced Coffee a la ML

12 cups coffee (we use Starbucks mild)
1/2 cup stevia/sugar blend  (you can use all sugar or all stevia. We try to reduce calories if we can!)
1/2 brown sugar
1 cup Coffee Mate French Vanilla FAT FREE or SUGAR FREE liquid creamer (I tried International Delight - it tasted terrible)
2-3 cups 1% milk (depending on how strong you want it)

I mix the sugar and coffee first to take sure it dissolves. Add milk and creamer. Chill over night. 
Make about 3/4 a gallon.


This is based on the products and measurements I use. This is a guide :) This based on 10 oz cup.

We haven't tried it with other flavors yet but I would love to hear some feedback :)
Don't forget to follow me!
And please "like" me ;)




2 comments:

  1. I happened 2 stumble across this AMAZING & soooo DELICIOUS recipe!
    First, THANK u 4 sharing...2nd, I did follow the directions but I used Vanilla Almond Milk, Regular Brown & White sugar(no sugar-free here...lol) as well as Regular Vanilla & Caramel creamer...it was as I stated earlier...AMAZIN! The BEST DOGGONE Ice Coffee I've tasted by far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for an easy and delicious iced coffee recipe and found this one and couldn't be happier with it. I used regular white and brown sugar with 2% milk. I have tried both Regular French Vanilla creamer and Peppermint Mocha and they were both delicious. Thanks for sharing your recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete