Wednesday, June 27, 2012

years in review

I, along with millions of others, have fallen in love with Pinterest. I registered a while ago because some fellow photogs said it was a great place for inspiration. Once I got my invite, I quickly logged in…. and froze. Erm – what am I suppose to do? I don’t get it?
That was then! Anyway- one of the first things I pinned was this super cute Christmas/New Years card. I didn’t want to send out a Christmas card with the two of us and the dogs (I mean I love my dogs, but we haven’t changed much so I didn’t think people would need my face on their fridge) and I wanted something different and something I could make.
It was a pretty big hit. I got a lot of compliments for it and I had a great time putting it together. About a month ago, my sister said she wanted to do something similar but one for each year her and her hubs have been married. I was like, “whoa! Great idea!” I mean it’s like scrapbooking but in shorthand!
Since Vince and I got married in 2008, I had to rack my brain but here is the semi-finished product! Who knows, I might get inspired again and make more!!
I was going to include 2012 in the works but I thought I would be best to keep that one in the works.

(Names have been blurred for some small amount of privacy... not like you couldn't track me down if you wanted)








Again, as much as I would love to take credit for the general idea I can't. It's just a really cool piggy-back ;)



7 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I wish I had your talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you :) It's not fully my idea, just my Photoshop knowledge and history ;) Thanks for reading though!! If you ever want me to make you one, I'd be glad too

      Delete
  2. I see I'm over a year late to the party but is this something you would/could share as a blank template?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how I would be able to, but I'd be glad to make you one. I make them for friends and other clients. :)

      mary.decrescenzio@yahoo.com - shoot me an email and we can discuss!

      Delete
  3. Are you still willing to share this template? I found this on Pinterest and would love to use it for Christmas. It will be our first Christmas together as a married couple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would but I don't have one :( I just make it up every year! If you go to Etsy and look up info graphic holiday cards amazing ones show up!

      Delete
  4. saw this on pinterest thank you for this!! xx

    ReplyDelete