Monday, January 23, 2012

thank goodness for mommies and step-daddies!

Today, I noticed my business debit card, personal debit card, credit card, and Drivers License were not in my wallet. Yikes! I rarely use my DL because I rely on my military ID 95% of the time (a. because of discounts and b. because I look prettier in it) I was actually heading home for lunch when I noticed. I don’t know if they were stolen or lost but my military ID and other debit card were still in my wallet so I don’t know.

You are probably wondering why I have so many cards. Well here’s the breakdown:I have a business debit card – it’s for me and my business only- but I have a personal account attached to my business account for Vincent to access too. We have a joint checking and savings and that’s where the 3rd debit card comes in. We have one credit card. That is paid off… but we still have it.

Anyway- back to the point. I have had to freeze a credit card before but I didn’t know what to do if an ID was stolen. Mom and Doug to the rescue!!!!!! While I angrily sat at home trying to cancel/freeze my cards, contact every place I went this weekend, and tell my work what was going on, Mom and Doug were heading over to pick me up and take me to the DMV. Yes- I could have driven myself but I am very unlucky and I didn’t want to risk anything (and I had a headlight out! UGH) AND my mommy taught me better. ;)

Now the DMV on Shop Road isn’t my favorite place. I mean I doubt any government office is someone’s favorite place but I really don’t like the DMV on Shop Road. It was also 48 degrees and foggy out so that soured my mood. And go figure- I had to wait. I didn’t shower this morning so my hair is in a bun and all I can think about is the fact that I need a new ID photo and don’t have time to shower. Yea- real priorities right here!

Again, ANYWAY- I don’t know what I would do without my mom and Doug. I really don’t. They literally will drop everything to come to my rescue and ask for little in return. They are amazing (while I was at the DMV they went and replaced my headlight! I know amazing right?!)


I think my dad, knowing how hard his death was on my sister, mom, and me, sent Doug to fill a void that I never thought was fill-able. They are both sound voices of reason in my life and they are awesome together. Seriously- I think they could run this country if they wanted too (a lot better than the ones up there – not trying to start a riot in politics – I just think they could). Doug is opinionated (in a good way), funny as hell, super handy with his handy-man stuff, and without a shadow of doubt the friendliest person I have ever met. My mom is a little off-beat (“hey girls we are flying to Greece at the end of the month, I found a good deal!”), gives to no end, can talk to anyone and make them feel important, and never says no to a great pair of shoes. Again, they are amazing. (looky! You can see the amazing-ness in this photo!)
So today, amidst the chaotic events, I realized that even in the crazy times God finds a way for us to see the silver lining. Thank you for giving me an amazing mom and for giving me another dad :)

Oh and here is my new ID. Not too shabby for a chick with curly, unshowered hair in the rain ;)

4 comments:

  1. Awww, I wish everyone who had good step parents would step up and say so.


    Also, so jealous of a state where you don't have to wait for weeks and weeks to get your id.

    (Followed a link in PIWTPITT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I got lucky with Doug! He is awesome!!

      Haha it took me a little while but it could have been much worse!

      Thank you for taking the time to read!! :)

      Delete
  2. Like your blog, found you also on PIWTPITT. I couldn't survive without my parents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Gah I know!! Parents are awesome!

      Delete