Monday, January 16, 2012

thank you Lord

Today, I am not going to complain about the weather or how tired I am. I am not going to go on a rant about how irritated I am with my body, house, or life in general. I am not going to make a to-do list or wish list. I am not going to wish my “situation” was different or want more than what I have. I am not going to cry, whine, or pout about anything in the past or in my present. I am not going to beg for change or crave more. I am not going to pray for more or less. I'm not going to ask for better health or more money. I am not going to ask for anything.

Today, I am and going to simply thank God for all I have. I am going to be grateful for the roof over my head and the clothes on my back. I am going to thank God for my amazing husband that puts up with all my lunacy. I am going to thank Him for the happiness and love my dogs give me. I am going to be thankful for the health of my loved ones. I am going to be appreciative of my situation and I am going to be understanding of the good and the bad in my life. I am going to praise God for the beautiful, chaotic, and sometimes stressful (but never any less blessed) life He has given me. Today I am saying thank you Lord for yesterday, today, and tomorrow.


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

Philippians 4:6


No comments:

Post a Comment