Tuesday, January 10, 2012

jewelry

Who doesn’t love vintage jewelry?! I mean it’s timeless (no pun intended!) My nanny found some of my great-grandmother’s old jewelry and called me right up to tell me. You see, I have always has a mild obsession with the 20s, 30s, and 40s all my life but it’s manifested in a different light lately. I blame my totally awesome 83 year-old Nanny. It was fun looking at all these old pieces - clip-on earrings the size of your left hand, necklaces with globs and globs of pearls, and bracelets that weigh 2 pounds! I love it! Don’t care too much for that old, metal smell but for the name of fashion and all things awesome I will force myself to look (or smell!) past it!

Actually she gave me the three pieces pictured below! The fourth one was my mom's first diamond ring. I have literally been wearing it non-stop for 2 years. I love it!
Anyway- I have always loved, loved, loved necklaces (mostly because my ears are sensitive to almost all earrings) but I love them. I love chunky, dainty, old, new, bright, crazy, sparkly, and so on. I own an onyx, amethyst, pearl, camera, owl, sunglasses, and robot necklace (yup you read right, robot) – just to name a few.But lately I have been loving me some brooches. Yes- those big ole pins you where on your blouse. They are so fun! I will admit my collection is small but, much to Vincent’s dismay, it will be growing. So if you love vintage go get one! Help me bring these beauties back to life! And if you see one that is absolutely to die for- text me a picture and I will pay you for it!

Oh and speaking of vintage- don't you loveeeeee my new Oxfords?! I have been looking for a pair that was comfortable and affordable for over a year. These were $13. Sweet!


4 comments:

  1. Those vintage pieces of jewelry are awesome! I love wearing big vintage necklaces too. Aside from their classic look, one thing I appreciate about vintage jewelry is the story behind each one. The history behind a piece of jewelry is one that is intangible, but that doesn’t make it any less important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love to story behind them! :) Thanks for reading!!!

      Delete
  2. I love vintage! These pieces are fabulous, especially that necklace. I’ve been collecting vintage too. Not only jewelry but dresses and shoes as well! It’s good that you were able to retrieve some of your great granny’s jewelry. It must be cool to have an 83-year-old Nanny. Keep her. She’s your angel in disguise.

    Paige Low

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obsessed and it's getting worse. My nanny is one of my best friends - I adore her. :)

      Delete